Have muscle and joint pain, fever, nausea and headache. Taken paracetemol. What to do?

Hi there - I returned from Myanmar to Ireland on Saturday, after a 3.5 week stay there and Thailand. The second night i was home, I woke up two hours after going to sleep (and feeling normal) shivering severly, with muscle and joint pain, fever, nausea and a headache. I vomited once 6 hours later. Yesterday I stayed in bed and drank fluids and had one piece of toast. I am taking paracetemol every 4 hours. My headache is still present (front of my head / behind my eyes) and I am feeling very tired. What is most irritating is my oesophagus seems to be swollen - it feels as though something has gone down the wrong way? I am wondering if I just have a flu, or should I go se someone given where I have been travelling. I too the relevant shots before I left, but decided against Malaria tablets. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013