Have multiple myeloma and myelodysplastic syndrome. Hospitalized for fluid around heart and lungs. How long can I survive without treatment?

Hello I am the caregiver to my 85 year old father in law. He was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and Myleodysplastic Syndrome in February 2011. He has been receiving transfusions for the past year 2-3 units every 3-4 weeks his HGB never goes above 10 low is usually 7 platelet count is usually 24-27. was receiving weekly injections of procret 0000. Recently he was hospitalized and had over 3 liters of fluid removed from around his heart and lungs. He has decided he no longer wishes to receive Medical intervention. Hospice has be ordered out to our home. I am curious as to how long he can sustain without treatment?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012