Have multinodular goiter. Ultrasound showed thyroid gland markedly enlarged. Meaning?

I found in feb 2012 that i have multinodular goiter . The ultrasound of thyriod shows, Right lobe of the thyroid gland is markedly enlarged witha large, 4.4 x 2.6cm sized well encapsulated heterogeneous nodular lesion with internal hypoechogenicities with marked peripheral hyperemia. Right lobe also shows another heterogeneous nodules measuring 24.0 x 16.0 mm inferiorly. Right lobe of thyriod measures 3.0 x 3.1 x 5.4 cm(Vol. of approx.26.5cc). Left lobe of thyroid measures 1.4 x 1.1 x 2.9 cm (Vol. of approx.2.3 cc) The isthmus measures approx 3.4 mm. No evidence of restrosternal extension or infiltration of adjacent structures. No sighnificant cervical adenoppathy noted. My T3 result 0.95 ref range 0.790-1.490 units ng/ml. T4 result 6.66 range 4.5-12 units Ug/dl. TSH result 1.974 range0.45-4.7 units Ulu/ml. Doctor didn t give me any medicine. My one side thyriod is working properly .he just told me to do operation later. He told my thyriod is normal Ican eat anything except brasica family food. my question is above in lab report mention about hypoechogenicities, what this means? according to u Can i eat everything even beans?Is there any another way beside operation?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012