Have mrsa in lungs, had mrsa infection in thoracic cavity. What's life expectancy and is it contagious ?

I was told I have mrsa in my lungs. This was after surgery to clean out my thoracic cavity from a mrsa infection 6 months ago. (I had a thoracotomy with decortication for severe emphysema in 2008). My doctor was pretty nonchalant about telling me that I now have bronchiectasis and the mrsa in my lungs, which, I m told, have no treatment. I am female, 64, have never smoked. What does this do to my life expectancy? Also, is my mrsa contagious?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012