Have moderate hot flashes and irregular cycles. On OTC remedies. Why am I perspiring too much?

Hello, I am a 53 y/o black female in relative good health without chronic disease and menopausal for the past 12 months . I have moderate hot flashes and irregular cycles, all of which I manage i with the help of OTC remedies. Most recently (and quite disturbing ) I have underarm odor and nothing I ve tried has worked. It odd because it was initially one armpit and a very strong odor, I hardly ever needed deodorant in the past and I seldom perspire under my arms even when I get hot flashes. Are there any recommendations for this problem.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012