Have mitral regurgitation, enlarged heart. Will body return to normal after delivering baby?

hi dr I have been told last week by cardiologist that I have Mitral regurgitation . I just had a 10lb baby 3 weeks ago no complications vaginal delivery . ( did have gestational diabetes ) was retaining fluid, my ob gave me lasix fluid gone in 3 days. had shortness of breath 5 days after delivery did ct of lungs and found fluid in pleural space. Drs don t know why. gave me albuteral used as needed. don t need it now. have a lilttle shortness of breath now but seems to have gotten better. my ob said they found the levels of something in my blood elevated that shows my heart was stretched and has been enlarged. my question is if my heart is enlarged can this be why my mitral valve isn t closing as it should. do you think as my body goes back to normal from having baby, that my heart and valves may return to normal?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012