Have missed periods, positive pregnancy test, nothing on ultrasound. Had got heavy periods after pill, LEEP done. Dyslpasia?

Last month I took the Plan B emergency contraceptive 12 hours after a mishap. Several days later, and on time, my period began, much heavier than usual. This month my period did not arrive, at which time I took a home pregnancy test with a positive result. After a visit to my OBGYN, a blood test confirmed the pregnancy. However, the ultrasound showed nothing. The doctor said I may or may not be pregnant, and that they would continue to monitor my HCG levels. If I am not pregnant, what could be causing the elevated levels of pregnancy hormones? I did have a LEEP procedure a yeah and a half ago after finding a case of severe dysplasia on my cervix. I keep reading about HCG levels being related to cancer; could this have something to do with the dysplasia?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013