Have mild fever with loss of appetite. Feeling cold and shaky. Should I consult a doctor?

my husband has been having chills with uncontrollable shaking and then he finally stops and goes between chills and then gets very hot...not to the touch, but says he feels like he is burning up inside. He has a fever from time to time, but not high. Some vomiting and no appetite . He s been like this since Friday night. He is fighting me on going to the ER, but will go if some medical person says it may be the flu . He is 63 years old.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013