Have migraine, menopausal, weight gain. Taking zonisamide. Done acupuncture. Reason?

I have been taking zonisamide 100mg daily for 4 years and bus par 20mg daily for the same length of time for migraine treatment and prevention. I am thrilled to report that I have experienced a reduction in my migraines by about 75%. I am also receiving acupuncture several times a month as part of my treatment. So the good news is that I am able to function with greater consistency but I have gained 30 pounds and experience memory issues. The extra weight is really making me uncomfortable and I have been walking and limiting my diet to no avail for several months. I just continue to consistently gain a couple of pounds each month. I am 53 years of age so I imagine that menopause is also playing a role. I am considering reducing or eliminating one or both of the medications because I just do not feel right . I do not want to open the flood gate to the migraines but the excessive weight gain is making me feel uncomfortable and unhealthy in other ways. I think that I should eliminate the zonisamide to begin the process and do so methodically - bring down the dose. I am currently working full time and going to graduate school so the buspar is helping me to manage the stress which is most definitely a headache trigger. Just wondering if I am headed in the right direction ?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013