Have migraine. Prescribed Topiramate and amitriptyline. Safe?

I am suffering from migraine since few years. It has become severe these days 2-3 times a month and every attack lasts for 3-4 days. The doctor asked me to start the course on topiramate and amytriptyline tabs but I read some side effects of these medicines. I am already overweight . I am taking headset to relieve the headache but I am not sure how safe is it to take frequently. Please help. Is there any other safe medication to avoid these frequent attack? How often can I take headset?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Sep 2013