Have merina coil inserted, light periods with fever, mood swings, bloating. Coil not found, advised scan. Pregnant?

i have fitted merina hormonal coil in jan 2011 but i never feel the coil and initially had periods twice a months, then slowly turns to a very lightre periods but i am feeling very feverish a week before my every monthly periods. since I have inserted merina coil I have big tummy and swings moods. I decided to remove the coil as i feel may be it is not suitable to my body, but i was surprised when the head nurse at Gp surgery told me today she cant fint the string and that why she arrange a scan for me in the hospital. my question is these days i have periods like sympoms but its just spotting/very lighter. the nurse told me may be the coil drop in the toilet, but how is it possible if there is no coil and I am not pregnant as I cant assume I had sex only in the safe nights or days. so if i am not feeling sick or spotting every month, what are the chances of pregnancy
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Mar 2013
It is not necessary to get pregnant everytime with unprotected sex.
So even in the coil fell out, getting pregnant is not the norm.
Secondly the coil might just have moved upwards in the uterine cavity, and that is why the string might not be visible or palpable.
If you are not having irregular periods or symptoms, chances of pregnancy are very low.
Only a scan will tell you if the coil is actually in position.
take care.