Have medial meniscus tear. Knee inflammation, bubbling of knee, thigh pain. Is this something to worry about?

I am a 42 year old female with a Type 3 tear of the medial meniscus and thinning of the ACL (my doctor suspects an old tear that did not heal well). Doctor advised against surgery at this time, and I have been going to PT and acupuncture appointments, as well as doing prescribed exercises at home for about 6 weeks. I have also been swimming and bicycling, as per doctor s orders. Everything seems to be going well. Range of motion has greatly improved, swelling is down and I am having less pain. I have developed what looks like a varicose vein across the front of my knee , but my doctor did not think it was anything to worry about. Today, I have noticed some inflammation in the knee, and a bit more pain than I have recently had. Then, a few minutes ago, I suddenly experienced what felt like bubbling inside my knee. The sensation travelled up my leg to my thigh, and then stopped. I noticed that, as the bubbling subsided, my knee felt a good deal better. Then, the bubbling started again. Now, I notice that my thigh is a bit achy. Is this something to worry about? Do I need to go see my doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012