Have massive stabbing pain in the anal area due to pelvic muscle spasms. History of hemorrhoids. No relief after taking the hot baths

I went to my doctor because I was having massive stabbing pains in the anal area. He has treated me for hemorroids but this time he said that I am suffering from PELVIC MUSCLE SPASMS. He recommended taking hot baths as often as possible. My question, is there anything else I could be doing because I have been soaking everyday for a week now but still feel discomport?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013