Have malformed hip joints and fibromyalgia. Taking Gabapentin. Uncomfortable walking. What can I do?

i am 3 months post op for a THR of my left hip. i was born with malformed hip joints and the operated leg was almost an inch shorter than the right one. since the surgery i am experiencing excruciating pain in the lateral knee area on the operated side along with trochanteric pain and severe groin pain at times. i am not on any pain medication as doc thinks pain will pass. i also have fibromyalgia and take Gabapentin , Elavil and Ambien for it. I am frustrated and disappointed that my activity level is still poor. I also get extreme numbness in the front area of my pelvis and in my thigh that makes standing and walking very uncomfortable.. what can i do ? The doc said i may need to go to a pain clinic but found out they dont prescribe anything for pain for at least 6 weeks..i am getting depressed over this and spend most of my time housebound. I am only 47 yrs old and havent been able to work for well over a yr now and want my life back.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012