Have lymph edema and venous insufficiency. Diagnosed with DVT and PE. Swollen discolored toes. Uterine fibroid removed. Advice?

Hi, I was diagnosed with DVT and PE this past March. I do have lymph- edema and venous insufficiency. The Vascular specialist placed a filter in my abdomen to prevent any more PE. Since then, my left leg and foot which was not too effected by the lymph edema and VI, have become almost twice the size of my right leg {the once the bad, discolored, and extremely swollen leg and foot} and as hard as a stone from the tip of my toes to my hip!! I can barely sit, lay, walk, stand, or pick up my leg! The Doppler I got in May still shows the old DVT behind my left knee . I do also have a large uterine fibroid which will be removed in July. Most of the physicians I saw during my frequent stays in the hospital believe that the fibroid is causing the swelling! I fear that it could be something more that they are missing, I have had this fibroid fore years and never experienced any of these symptoms. Could the filter be causing the swelling? I am tiered of doctors guessing what may be causing the problem. my toes are so purple I am afraid to loose them, the swelling does not decrease even with elevation or cold packs! nothing seems to decrease the swelling and the hardening, I am hopeless. please explain my symptoms and if it will ever get better. I feel that my legs and feet will soon explode!
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012