Have lumps in my throat and it is really sore

i have lumps in my throat and it is really sore and i cant sing anymore
Asked On : Thu, 1 Sep 2011
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob,there is less chance of cancer at age of 14, as risk factor of it are smoking n drinking alcohol. if you have lump in throat more then 4 wks then consult your doc n rule out cancer n any thyroid imbalance.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Voice overuse can cause swollen vocal cords and pain in the neck. Infected tonsils or tonsillar abscess or any pharyngeal infection might also be the cause. A thorough examination by an ENT specialist will be helpful in diagnosis. Antibiotics may be needed for treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal