Have lumps and abnormal sepaeration in nails. Had dyshidrotic aczema. What could be the problem?

HI, Im a 20 year old female. I had ultra severe dyshidrotic eczema on my left ring finger this winter. The traumatizing photos on google image searches look lovely compared to what happened on my finger. All of the skin on my finger crusted up and fell away, including the skin all around my finger nail and cuticle, and left the base of my nail 100% exposed. The eczema is completely healed now, but ever since my cuticle was murdered, the nail has been growing in with zig-zagged beaus lines, weird lumps and abnormal separations from the nail bed. It's been about 4 months, and as of this week, my damaged nail has grown in enough that there is no longer any normal nail left. It is totally lumpy, soft, sensitive, a deep dark red in color toward the base, and steadily growing in this way. Should I see a specialist, or is this normal for nail bed injuries? What is going on with my finger?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013