Have lump under armpit. On antibiotic. Not having HIV. What could be this?

Hi i don t have hiv . But i have and lump under my left armpit it was the size of a golf ball then my doctor put me on antibiotics for 2 weeks and it has went down some it doesn t hurt much but when i bend my arm it hurts and at my wrist it hurts the most and its kind if swollen what s this please help Im suppose to have surgery to get the lump removed on may 15 2012 but i still want to know what it is
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012
Hi lump in the armpit which is resolved by antibiotics can be abcess and furuncle.pain existing even after using antibiotics indicates it is not completely resolved.hence surgery of lump by incission and drainage can be done .rule out hidrenitis suppuritiva also ad it is commonest condition in armpits