Have lump on top of head, getting bigger and hurts, lump area has lost hair and is smooth

I have a large lump on the top of my head that is soft on top of it & sore at the base of it. It has been there for about 9 years. It is has lost hair on it & is smooth. It has gotten bigger over the years & seems to be getting bigger & some days it hurts. If I hit it it almost brings tears to my eyes. Should I get this looked at? I don t have insurance
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Thanks for the query,

You might have developed sebaceous cyst.

It is a collection of dead material under the skin.

When you press this material comes out as black debris.

Do you get such debris.

Pain can be due to infection.

Dont worry its not a dangerous condition.

Treatment is mainly surgical.

It can be removed with the wall of the cyst, through a small incision.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you good health,
Thank you