Have lump on side of breast. Diagnosed as peptostreptococcus. Should I worry?

Hi I had a lump on the side of my breast due to being stabbed with an underwire bra. It grew very large over the past 5 years and had a hideous odor. With no medical insurance I got scared and cut it with a razor, all of this smelly gooky stuff came out. I went to the free clinic, they analyzed the sample and said it is peptostreptocuccus. I really cant find a good answer to what it is on Google. My questions are 1. What is it? 2 Is it contageous 3. I have squeezed 99.9% of it out of my body, the doctor has me on Cephalexin and it seems to be helping, am I in any danger, can I die from this? I m I really have to pay to get an answer?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013