Have lump on lower neck with vomiting, headache and diarrhea

My 37 year old sister called and said she woke up with a small knot on the back of her lower neck upper back. Its tender and she has been vomiting. She has a headache and diarrhea to. Vision is normal. No fever. No back injuries or history of a recent back injury.Should she seek a medical evaulation or wait 24 hours to rule out viral infection? Not sure if her lymph nodes are swollen. If she waits are there any symptoms that would strike a immediate concern?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Jun 2011