Have lump on hairline, head cold. OTC medication? Taken medication for bladder infection

I have had a headcold and about two days ago I found a lump on my hairline (it is somewhat hard and ball like atnthe occipital region) on the right side it kinda felt like a muscle thing but I am leaning towards a lymph node there anything over the counter I can take for this and it is starting to be a little tender around it...maybe draining? I just got off medication for a bladder infection and just came down with this cold that affects my nose eyes and my ears feel a little clogged.....I can t get into a doctor right away and need to know what I can do to help bring the lymph node down to normal
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012