Have lump on back of neck and itchy rash on scalp. Diagnosed as staff Infection. Cure?

Five days ago I found a lump (marble size and sore) on the left back side of my neck. Accompanying it is an itchy rash on my scalp mostly in the back of my head. Two days ago II saw our G.P. who said the lump was probably a lymph node catching infection from what he called a staff infection in my scalp. (Some crustiness where I had scratched too hard and my daughter actually saw oozing from one of the sores.) He gave me achohol swabs to clean the sores, and two antibiotics cephalexin (for node inflammation) and doxycycline hyclate for the staff infection. Within 24 hours of that visit the lump grew to twice the size (maybe more) and is very sore. It also became dark reddish below the lump (about a 3 long streak) In the last 24 hours it hasn t changed much. Does this sound like infection to you?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013