Have lump near scrotal. No medication till now. What could be the reason?

Hello , I'm very concerned about my husband. He has had a dime size lump in his left scrotal, and he said that he has had it or he noticed it about two years ago & gradually gotten bigger. What would this mean? He hasn't been to the doctor b/c he is afraid that is could be something fatel. But I have a doctors appt made for him Monday & will most definetly have him have it checked out. But in the mean time if you could get back with me on what this could mean , that would be very helpful. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013