Have lump near naval. Mild pain. Could it be Sister mary joseph nodule?

On Saturday I found (through pain) a small firm/hard pea sized lump next to my navel. It is under the skin. The skin is not red or inflamed. There is no dishcharge. It can not be seen, only felt. It feels attached under the skin to the back of the umblical area. It mildy hurts on touching or my waistband button rubbing on it. I have seen my doctor who is asking me to return in one week to see if it is the same/changed. If it has changed/grown, he will send me for a scan. I am most scared it could be a sister mary joseph nodule. How can I tell please? Thanking you in anticipation. Paula
Asked On : Fri, 17 May 2013