Have lump in thigh, hurts when moving. Changed to Lutera birth control pill. Any suggestions?

I have a lump in my thigh. It s been there about 2 weeks now. Inner thigh about 4 inches above knee . It only hurts when Im moving and the muscle is contracting, but its not a pulled muscle. I ve been an athlete my entire life and this feels different. It s in one spot about 2 by 1 and its almost as if I can feel the round mass in there when im moving, bit not when I touch it. When I touch it, it just feels like pressure. 3 weeks ago I switched birth controls too. I am now on Lutera oral contraceptive . I am waiting to see if it goes away or not.. I m not one to just rush to the doctors. Any suggestions??
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012