Have lump in back along with pain. Should it be taken serious?

Hi! I'm a healthy female 15 year old and i was wondering if it's normal for me to be experiencing extreme pain in my lower back? Based on my observations, there is a small lump about 3" in diameter on the area where i feel extreme shooting pains. Could it simply be because of carrying heavy nap sacks to school or the long hours of sitting at a ninety degree position? If so, could this lead to anything dangerous? Oh and i have no history of being involved in any dangerous incident regarding my back. I haven't been.

Since i haven't consulted a doctor on this case, my decision to push through with a medical check up will depend on your advice. So i look forward to your reply and i thank you so much for your time!
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013