Have lump behind ear. Got ear pierced. What is the cure for this?

I got my the cartilage in my left ear pierced about 6 months ago. A couple of months ago I noticed a hard, pea-sized lump behind that same ear in the lymph node area. I took my earring out a couple of days ago because it was still not fully healed and I was tired of having it hurt. I checked the area where the lump was and it is still there. It doesn t seem to have grown in size since I first checked it a couple of months ago. Is it likely that the node could become hard and swollen due to the piercing that took so long to try to heal? I plan to visit my physician next month. In the meantime, I was hoping for a little peace of mind in ruling out something more serious.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013