Have lumbar spondylosis and spinal stenosis. Swollen ankle. Pain when stooping. Applied Gokhale. Any ideas?

I m dx w/ multilevel lumbar spondylosis and spinal stenosis . I notice that on awakening in morning for past several months, EITHER my L foot & ankle OR R foot & ankle OR BOTH are swollen, sometimes neither. The swelling does not go down with elevation but does somewhat with exercise. Does not worsen over the day. I can walk without pain if I stoop somewhat, which of course is tiring after a few minutes. I do try to apply the Gokhale and Egoscue treatments.Does not seem related to food/fluid intake. Very puzzling. I m 73 y/o and muscular but also have gained 25 lb in a year (indulging myself) so now 5 9 and 220 lb. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012