Have low hemoglobin count, digestion issues, acidity. What is going on?

hi doctor, my aunt is a 55 year old lady who is suffering with abnormally low haemoglobin count (2.7%). She is also suffering with some digestion issues also like acidity since last many years. Her medication is also going on since many years but none of the medicine has yet resolved the issue of low hemoglobon count completely. This is a recurring issue & comes after every few months. She has a habit of chewing Pan Masala. Is this leading to all the health problems.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013