Have low blood platelet count. Have been taking vitamin D supplements. Will the count increase? Also have geographic tongue. Is this genetic or vitamin deficiency?

I was diagnosed with a low blood platelet count after blood tests to find out the causes of my chronic fatigue.
The dr believes it is caused by a vitamin D deficiency and has given me a four week supply of once weekly vitamin D.
My question is will vitamin D raise my blood platelets? Or should I be concerned there is another cause for low platelets?
Also, I have geographic tongue... Is this genetic or could this be related to the vitamin deficiency?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013