Have loss of mental acuity and energy. Could hypothyroidism be connected to the vasovagal syndrome?

I have vasovagal syndrome and one of the symptoms is loss of mental acuity and energy in general. An anesthesiologist asked me if I had been prescribed thyroxin, which I have not, and it made me wonder whether hypothyroidism could be connected to the vasovagal syndrome. I had blood tests done a few months ago and T3 and T4 were within the normal range, but I understand that these two tests are not always very reliable. There is a lot of autoimmune incidence in my family. I would be very interested in your opinion. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012