Have light head, pounding heart, tingling fingers and toes. Had hyperthyroid, advised discontinuing atenolol. Take medicine?

I had lighted headed for 3 days, when I arrived home from work, suddenly my heart beats pounding rapidly like I was got back from running and my finger and my toe were tingling for while then stop but my pulse remain fast.
I'm female and 38 year old, had hyperthyroid and has been treated in past ten yet. My doctor told me to stop taking Atenonlol for few month. I could not get in touch with my doctor over the weekend. Should I continue take this to slow my heart beat?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013