Have light flashes in eye. Have history of migraine with visual prodromal symptoms. Recommendation?

I have had some shooting flashes of light in my left eye today. I have a history of migraine with visual prodromal symptoms, however these light flases are distinctly different. They are like lighting flashes. My mother had detached retinas with successful surgery. I am now 64, Do you advise I see an opthamologist tonight or is tomorrow soon enough? I don t have a local opthamologist, I have been having eye exams at the local eyeglass place.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013