Have large lump in throat. Hurts to talk. Took antibiotics. Lump is still visible. Recommendations?

Hi I had tonsilitis that was viral about 3 weeks ago. I went to the dr with it on the friday and he gave me an antibiotic perscription to use only if I had not improved by the Sunday or if I got worse. The tonsilitis cleared up itself by the Sunday but on the Monday I felt like my right tonsil had got bad again. It hurt to even talk and was affecting my speech. I was taking 200mg ibruprofen for the pain but that didn t help much. The next day using a torch to look at the back of my mouth I noticed my tonsils looked fine (not swollen and no white bumps on them) but just infront of my right tonsil was an enlarged lump (just where the food goes down) so I figured this was as a result of the tonsilitis. On the Tuesday I said I d take the course of antibiotics . I finished the course a week ago today and I still have the large hard lump and my gland on the right of my neck hasn t decreased in any way. The antibiotics just took the pain away... Should I go back to my Dr about this?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013