Have large abdomen, not obese. Is there any treatment to get it repaired?

Hello, Dr. Narasi, I have what i consider a large abdomen , i am not obese i just have an obese abdomen (looks like i am pregnant. ) I am 53 i have a seperated stomach muscles ( large lump in center of abdomen) should i consider getting this repaired? and can they do this laprascopically ? I am self conscious about it and is not very attractive. i have had a normal endoscopy 3 yrs ago no findings. and colonscopy cleared for 10yrs. I would like to begin excercising but am afraid it will damage more of the stomach muscles. any suggestions. no alcohol but i do smoke and just began the chantix program. had recent labs and they were excellent. thyroid cholesterol etc all normal ... appreciate your time
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013