Have knee pain. Had surgeries earlier. No medication till now. How to recover?

Hello my name is Chris I played college baseball and had lots of knee problems. And while in school it shot after shot. Last year I had my 5th surgery. Now it's gotten worse than ever before I can't make it through a trip to the grocery store without horrible pain to the point I have had to sit down in the middle of the store for 5-10 minutes. And when I try to sit in my bed cross legged it pops or locks up and the pain is do intence no matter what's in my had its either thrown across the room or dropped.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013