Have kidney stones, painful, dark purple bruises on thighs. What is going on?

I am 25 years old. Last week I was hospitalized after being in severe pain and diagnosed with kidney stones . 5 of them. I have had kidney infections about every 2 months for years, always thinking it was because of drinking soda . After this episode I noticed very dark purple bruises on my thighs. Only on my legs no where else. I am realizing that I ve had these same bruises a lot. And usually around the time i am having kidney trouble. They go across my thigh and some are round. Very large, dark purple, but do not hurt. And opinions on what this could be caused by and what I should do? I have pictures if needed.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013