Have keloids all over face. Looking for treatment

i have keloids all over my face for 4 years now. am very worried to meet people. please kindly help me with any treatmemt
Asked On : Sat, 25 Feb 2012
hello welcome to healthcare magic. A keloid is the abnormal growth of scar tissues that forms where the skin has been previously injured. It does not usually get smaller on its own and grows beyond the original area of injury to the skin. They don't become cancerous.
one of the most important things to consider is prevention of any future keloids by avoiding all non essential surgery or procedures.
in terms of medication to treat keloids that are already present , corticosteroids are mainly used. steroids are injected into the keloid and it decreases the size, kenalog is the commonly used steroid. It is usually injected every 4 to 6 weeks.
Surgery is another option, the keloid is removed with minimal trauma and the skin closed with minimal tension, it can be combined with steroid injection to increase the likelihood of success.
Radiation can also be used either by itself fo with surgery.
Silicone gel sheets and dressings have been used with some success as well.