Have jelly like discharge with little blood from back. Diagnosed with internal hemorrhoids. Guidance?

I have a jelly like substance leaking out of my backside. It used to be just jelly. Now occasionslly it has a little bit of light red blood in it. Sometimes it has a bit of poop mixed in with it. This comes and goes.
I went to a gastroenterologist a few weeks ago and she used some device and looked up my butt and said she could see some internal hemmirhoids in there. She said there was one big one. Is this abnormal to have this stuff leaking out from time to time or should I get a colonoscopy? Please help. Thank you, Sharla
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013