Have itchy vagina, have bleeding between periods, told hormone change cause miscarriage, advised birth control pills. Normal?

Hi I just recently went to the obgyn last week due to bleeding between periods. After I have went to the doctor she discuss birth control pills because I had a slight miscarriage which causes my hormones to change. So I basically had my period/bleeding for about 11-12 days. It's been two days without any bleeding, but I have an itch on my inner lips of the vagina. Is that normal after the whole incident? Bc during the bleedig i use both pads and tampons.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013