Have itchy red patch on arm, reappears after subsiding. Stopped wearing watch had nickel. What is it?

I developed an itchy rash on my inner left arm awhile ago. Only there and nowhere else on my body. It's an patch of red bumps that become so itchy that I have to scratch hard for relief. Then hours later it may be gone and reappear tomorrow or another day. It comes and goes during the week. I havent changed detergent or soaps or are on any new meds. I was recently wearing a new watch that might have had some nickel in the metal, and have stopped wearing it for a couple of weeks now. What can it be??
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013