Have irritable bowel syndrome. Is it safe to take lactifiber? Alternate medicine?

doctor , i have ibs , i take lactifibre every morning and evening 1 tbs with water since last one week and my bowels moments are slowly getting into normal, but not yet cured completely , is it safe to take lactifiber , also please let me know if any other alternate safe medicine to correct bowel movements , when ever my bowels delay i get problem of gas, and too smelly thus i take lactifiber 2 times a day. please advise
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012