Have irregular periods, light bleeding and painful. Suggestion?

Hello, i use a period calculator to monitor my cycles. At the end of November i had an irregular cycle, and i say that because it was extra light and not as heavy and painful as usual. Beginning of December, 6 days after my cycle, i started to spotted for a few days on and off. nothing painful or even red. Just light pink and really only when i wiped. My cycle was supposed to come around the 23rd of December but it decided to come 13 days late. Now again this month its basically doing the same thing and right now im 6 days late. Should i be worried?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
May 2013
Irregularity in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes, like :
- Hormonal imbalance leading to intermenstrual spotting, delayed periods etc.
- Thyroid hormonal abnormalities.
- Stress and strain can alter the menstrual cycle by affecting hormonal levels.
-Dietary changes and changes in exercise schedule can affect the weight and hormonal levels.
-Poly cystic ovary disease etc.
So, possibly you may get your periods soon.
By maintaing ideal weight, regular dietary and exercise schedule, regularization of the cycles can be achieved.
If same problem repeats, better to undergo ultrasound once to detect possibilities like poly cystic ovary disease etc.