Have irregular periods due to thyroid problems. Prescribed Maintane. Purpose?

Hi Doctor I am having irregular periods from past one year. Later we got to know this is because of Thyroid . We are planning for a baby ,doc has suggested me to take amycordial syrup... after taking that syrup...from Past 2 months my period was regular exactly 30 days. This time my due date was 1 of August 9th still i dint get my periods. Pregnancy test is negetive which i was tested on 5th. Now doc has told me to take Maintane tablet and asked me to recheck urine test after 7 days....what is the role of Maintane here? Is there any chances of getting conceive this month after taking maintane? please help
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012