Have irregular periods and spotting. Pregnancy test negative. Feels light headed, discomfort on lower abdomen. Is it serious?

Hi, i have irregular periods which causes them to be late, but this this month i started having period like symptoms 2 weeks after it was gone and a couple days later i started spotting the first day, then for the next two days i had more of a flow, and then the next two days it was on and off spotting. i took a pregnancy test and came out negative when i was still spotting. I ve also been lightheaded and been having discomfort on my right lower abdomen . Can it be something serious? Should i take another pregnancy test?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012