Have irregular periods. Started light brown spotting and missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Looking for advice

Hi my wife is 27 of age. She has irregular periods. But she has missed her period for about 30 days now this time .2 weeks ago pregnancy test from a clinic was negative. Should another check be conducted now? She had light brown spotting on the day that she was supposed to have her period 30 days ago. What is your advice? What is the maximum number of days can a woman s period be overdue?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012