Have irregular periods. Have unprotected sex. Spotting, cramps. Any ideas?

Hello I am 25 years old and I have been having irregular periods. I had a period 10 days ago fromthe 7th to the 12th. It was regular for a couple days then one of the days it was so heavy ichanged my tampon then took an hour nap and had to change it again then again after another hour. after that the rest of the period was fine... Till now 10 days later. I do have unprotected sex regularly 3-5 times a week. I have been spotting today and a few pains stoping me where I stand but there not like cramps. And I haven't had sex in 2 days now.
Hopefully this is enough information for you togive me an idea as to what might be going on. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013