Have irregular period, have dark brown blood flow. Taking meprate. What is going on?

good evening mam, iam 20 years old, iam un married.. iam suffering with irregular periods.. i got the period on dec 24th.. until now i did not get the my doctor suggested me to take meprate for 5days.. medication has been completed on 17th feb ..from 18th feb i have experienced dark brown blood flow .. it was just spotting.. it has continued till today.. i.e for 3 days... what is the reason.. please help me.. thanking you
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013