Have irregular menstrual cycles, ache in lower abdomen. What does spotting for a week off and on mean?

hi, i have irregular menstrual cycles , but i do get i guess you can call it spotting. when i do get the spotting its of a mixture of a brownish color, sometimes mixed with a little pinkish/red at times where i begin to think that i might start but to find out later that day that i have not. this month was a little weird because i was having a mild achiness on both sides of my lower abdomin/ovaries then later that day only on my right side the next day or so i felt like i started my period went to the bathroom to check and saw that a small blob of blood with some mucus with it, so i thought i was going to start but then when i wiped i had no blood and nothing come out all day as well. then i went to the bathroom to urinate and wiped my self it was like really wet and mucusy. i have not felt any different or have any pregnancy symptoms . what does spotting for a week off and on mean? and what does this all mean? do i consider spotting the months i dont see actual blood a period? please help, thank you
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Homeopath 's  Response
hi welcome to HCM

-i had gone through your query and understand your concerns.

-irregular periods and spotting are not a diseases there is underlying cause for causing this symptoms.

i would come up the possibilities,include;

1.the first one;thyroid diseases hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism both can produce this symptoms.

blood test for thyroid profile and ultrasound scanning for thyroid gland may confirm the diagnosis

2.the second possibility include;PCOD;poly cystic ovarian disease, produce high level of male hormones-androgen's

ultrasound scanning for pelvis may confirm the diagnosis

-amoebiasis is the cause for your stool complaints-spot stool examination may confirm the diagnosis

wishing you good health

2 users find this helpful